We’re looking for an Apprentice Fire and Electronic Security System Engineer based at Assure Alarms in Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow, with some UK travel.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
About the role
As an Apprentice Fire and Electronic Security System Engineer, you’ll have an opportunity to learn while you learn, getting hands-on workplace experience while you work towards an industry recognised qualification.
You’ll learn all disciplines within the fast-growing electronic fire and security industry, while you work towards an SVQ Level 3 in Electronic Fire & Security Systems. This apprenticeship would suit someone with practical skills who wants a varied and interesting career.
- Dealing with customers in an efficient and professional manner.
- Fitting equipment relating to disciplines within the electronic fire and security industry.
- Learning how to maintain and install fire and intruder alarm systems, access control and CCTV.
- Working closely with skilled engineers and picking up new techniques.
- Travelling to call-outs across the UK as and when required.
- You must have gained or be working towards a National 4 or above (or accredited equivalent) in Maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy.
- General practical hand skills.
- Willingness to learn and listen to instructions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good timekeeping.
- Flexibility to work away from home for short periods.
As you work towards your qualification, you’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.