We’re recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Technicians who are excited to start a new career with WH Malcolm.
About the role
As well as attending GTG for a week’s block release of training, regular assessment and reviews will be undertaken in your own workplace to ensure you have the skills to successfully complete a Level 3 qualification in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
This role would be great for a candidate who would enjoy working in a practical environment with an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn. On completion of the apprenticeship, there will be some great career opportunities.
Day to day duties
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing
- Steering and suspension.
- Putting theory into practice following training weeks.
- MOT preparation.
- Electrical fault diagnostics.
- Carrying out reviews on film to build customer trust.
- Overhaul of major components.
- You’ll have gained or be working towards National 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject, or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- The ability to build key relationships with other departments.
- You won’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Willingness to work in a practical environment.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to take instruction and use your own initiative.
- Listening skills.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.