We’re looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice IT Support Analyst to work in our busy IT department in Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 7.30am – 4pm (30 minutes’ lunch)
About the role
As an Apprentice IT Support Analyst, you will work on Arnold Clark’s IT support 1st line desk, acting as the main point of contact for employees who need to log incidents and requests. You’ll receive valuable experience handling incoming calls and logging the details on our internal software.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing a career in IT and be looking for a hands-on, work-based role that includes extensive training. If successful, you will gain a Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in the Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals.
- Answering calls from our IT customers and demonstrating an understanding of good customer service.
- Raising tickets and categorising them correctly by type.
- Accurately documenting all diagnosis, investigations and resolutions, if applicable.
- Escalating tickets, if necessary, to the appropriate 2nd line team within agreed timescales.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of relevant IT systems within Arnold Clark.
- Maintaining a good image of the IT department within the organisation.
- You must have gained or be working towards National 4 or above (or accredited equivalent) in Maths, English and a science and technical subject.
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good timekeeping and time management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Listening skills and ability to follow instructions.
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of good customer service.
- The ability to prioritise your workload and work with a team.
As you train towards an industry recognised qualification, you’ll also enjoy fantastic working conditions, a £30 lunch subsidy and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, retail discounts and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.