We’re recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Technicians who are excited to jump-start their new career with Arnold Clark.
Arnold Clark Peugeot Renault - Huddersfield
Full time, 39 hours per week.
Ready to earn while you learn?
If you become an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll get qualified – and get paid!
You’ll attend GTG for four weeks’ initial training; then, at various points throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll also regularly be assessed at work to make sure you’re on track for success. At the end of your training, you’ll have a Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s willing to learn and wants to advance their career. You’ll have loads of enthusiasm for the work, and be keen to learn and be mentored in a practical environment. At the end of the qualification, there are also some fantastic career opportunities on offer for successful participants.
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing, including car health checks.
- Steering and suspension.
- Putting theory into practice following training weeks.
- MOT preparation.
- Electrical fault diagnostics.
- Carrying out reviews on film to build customer trust.
- Overhaul of major components.
- You’ll have gained GCSE 4-9 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject, or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- The ability to build key relationships with other departments.
- You won’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Willingness to work in a practical environment.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to take instruction and use your own initiative.
- Listening skills.
If you are successful you must have achieved your GCSE qualifications to meet criteria before starting the apprenticeship on 2nd March 2020.
If you do not achieve these before 2nd March your application will not be progressed, however we have an additional intake in September which you can reapply for.
In return, we offer a generous employee benefits package, including great employee discounts at loads of high-street shops and restaurants across the UK, as well as preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.