We’re recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Technicians who are excited to start a new career with Arnold Clark.
Full time, 39 hours per week.
About the role
As well as attending our training facility GTG for a week’s block release of training, regular assessment and reviews will be undertaken in your own workplace to ensure you have the skills to successfully complete a Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
This role would be great for a candidate who would enjoy working in a practical environment with an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn. On completion of the apprenticeship, there will be some great career opportunities.
Day to day duties
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing, including car health checks.
- Steering and suspension.
- Putting theory into practice following training weeks.
- MOT preparation.
- Electrical fault diagnostics.
- Carrying out reviews on film to build customer trust.
- Overhaul of major components.
- You’ll have gained or be working towards GCSE 4–9 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject, or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- The ability to build key relationships with other departments.
- You won’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Willingness to work in a practical environment.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to take instruction and use your own initiative.
- Listening skills.
In return, you will receive extensive training as you work towards your qualification, as well as hands-on workshop experience for a dynamic automotive company of 11,500 employees. You’ll also receive a benefits package including private health care, life assurance and generous retail discounts and preferential terms on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.