Are you over 16 and looking for a brand-new career or a fresh start? The UK’s largest independently owned car retailer is now recruiting for enthusiastic Apprentice Mechanics.
As an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll get qualified – and get paid.
And at the end of your training, you’ll have a Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair and hands-on experience in one of our Service departments.
You’ll also receive…
- Your own tools, uniform, boots and overalls.
- A mentor to support you in the workplace.
- Four weeks of introductory training.
- Free lunches and great facilities at our training centres.
- All the benefits available to Arnold Clark employees, from holidays to free private healthcare.
Arnold Clark - Stoke Vauxhall
Full time, 39 hours per week.
Ready to earn while you learn?
As an Arnold Clark apprentice, you’ll attend one of our dedicated training centres, GTG, for four weeks’ initial training, and receive classroom training throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll also regularly be assessed in the workplace to make sure you’re on track for success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s willing to learn and wants to advance their career. You’ll have loads of enthusiasm for the work, and be able to take instructions and advice from your mentor in a workplace environment. At the end of the qualification, there are also some fantastic career opportunities on offer for successful participants.
- Working with wheels and tyres.
- Basic servicing, including car health checks.
- Steering and suspension.
- Putting theory into practice following training weeks.
- MOT preparation.
- Electrical fault diagnostics.
- Carrying out reviews on film to build customer trust.
- Overhaul of major components.
- You’ll have gained GCSE 4-9 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject, or accredited equivalent.
- You must be literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.
- The ability to build key relationships with other departments.
- You won’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Willingness to work in a practical environment.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to take instruction and use your own initiative.
- Listening skills.
In return, we offer a generous employee benefits package, including great employee discounts at loads of high-street shops and restaurants across the UK, as well as preferential rates on new and used cars.
You must have achieved your GCSE qualifications before starting the apprenticeship on 2nd March 2020.
If you do not achieve these before 2nd March your application will not be progressed – however, we have an additional intake in September if you want to apply again.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.