Business Administration Apprentice
This is a fantastic opportunity for a 16-24 year old interested in building a career whilst gaining a recognised qualification
GTG is a leading training provider with facilities in Glasgow, Edinburgh and West Midlands, GTG is hugely accessible and offers a large and varied portfolio of apprenticeship programmes accommodating a range of occupations including automotive, logistics and business skills. All of our apprenticeships are classed as full-time employment so you will be earning a wage whilst gaining a qualification.
What Might a Typical Day in this Job look like?
- Daily data entry
- Checking and reconciliation of HWCN (Hazardous Waste Consignment Notes) in conjunction with Transport and Plant personnel for billing purposes
- Month end account reconciliation
- Respond to customer enquiries on deliveries/collections & invoices (service related) ]
- Assist sales efforts with customers (ensure correct account set up etc.)
- Assisting with the co-ordination of consignment notes/documentation, including the printing and dispatch of the HWCN
- Specific Administrative Responsibilities
- Provide admin support to the Management on site
- Co-ordination of daily telephone calls, letters and e-mails to ensure they are dealt with timely
- Purchase order processing
- Ensure necessary documents and correspondence are produced in a timely, accurate and confidential manner
- Develop and maintain filing systems, including the distribution of information for meetings
- General office duties to include but not limited to copying and preparing documents, office supply management and other clerical duties
- Ability to develop and populate spreadsheets, collating information as necessary
- Good knowledge of information technology especially Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Administrative skills, i.e. typing, co-ordination of management reports
- Ability to work without supervision
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
What will I learn?
Apprentices will cover all aspects of administration from maintaining the administration systems to updating the computerised and manual filing systems. You will train through GTG to SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration.
What qualifications or qualities are required?
You must have or expect to gain National 4 or above In English, Maths, and an Admin or Computer Studies subject. Standard grades 1-4 and Intermediates will also be accepted.
It is essential that you are literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn.