This is a fantastic opportunity for a 18-24 year old interested in building a career within the waste management and recycling industry and gaining their UK Class 2 HGV licence
About the role
As a Driver Apprentice known as 2nd man, it will be your job to make sure all customer waste collections are made accurately and with professionalism..
The right person for the job will be able to maintain effective working relationships with both customers and colleagues. You’ll be able to overcome any setbacks with resolve and determination, be a good timekeeper and a natural team player.
- Waste collections from commercial properties with high standards of customer service.
- Maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- Carrying out vehicle checks to ensure roadworthiness.
- Ensuring your vehicle is clean and tidy.
18 years of age - Full time, 40 hours per week with 45 minutes’ lunch break per day
19 - 24 years of age - Full time, 50 hours per week with 45 minutes’ lunch break per day
- A full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- A proactive and positive attitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to deliver fantastic customer service.
- Accuracy with paperwork.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
Training will be given in:
- UK Class 2 HGV Licence
- UK CPC
- Hazard Perception