We’re looking for a keen Garage Equipment Engineering Apprentice, based at our Kilbirnie Street office in Glasgow, with some travel to branches.
Full time, Monday – Thursday 8.15am – 4.45pm, Friday 8.15am – 4.30pm
About the role
As a Garage Equipment Engineering Apprentice, you’ll work in our busy service departments, learning all aspects of servicing garage equipment and tools – from vehicle lifts and tyre changers to emissions and wheel balancers.
This role would suit an energetic person who enjoys working in a practical environment with a good attitude to learning and customer service. You will train as you work to obtain a Level 3 qualification in Engineering Maintenance.
- Working efficiently and effectively on engineering jobs.
- Maintaining electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Travelling to various locations to carry out engineering duties.
- Dealing with customers in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Ensuring all work reports are submitted accurately, neatly and on time.
- Carrying out any paperwork or logbook entries in relation to your coursework.
- You must have gained or be working towards National 4 or above (or accredited equivalent) in Maths, English and a science or technical subject.
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy.
- Reliable and keen to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- A willingness to continually develop your skills.
- Good timekeeping and attendance.
- Ability to plan your time efficiently.
As well as receiving training and assessment to complete your qualification, you’ll also have access to one the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private health care, friends and family discounts, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.