Graduate Level Apprentice – BSc Honours in IT Software Development
Arnold Clark is looking for a Graduate Level IT Software Development Apprentice, based in our innovative and exciting Digital Product Development department in Hillington.
Hours: Full time at Arnold Clark/University of West of Scotland
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a promising school leaver or student to be involved in creating market-leading digital products that will put Arnold Clark at the forefront of automotive retailing.
The graduate level apprenticeship programme offers a chance for apprentices to work alongside a team of genuinely talented IT professionals, while studying for a BSc (Honours) degree in IT Software Development.at the University of the West of Scotland (UWS).
This opportunity also offers career progression for people with previous qualifications, including HNC/HND and for those with relevant industry experience.
- Building or sourcing internal applications that support the product development team.
- Troubleshooting system issues, facilitating speedy resolution and identifying trends.
- Producing documentation on issues and enhancement requests.
- Working with developers to implement new features or fix bugs on existing systems.
- Monitoring and managing user requests and issues.
- Becoming a point of contact for business users for internal database systems.
- Sharing and spreading knowledge from development through to operations.
Course entry requirements
- BBBC (102 UCAS tariff points) at SQA Higher
- An appropriate Foundation Apprenticeship or Modern Apprenticeship (MA)
- A relevant MA and a minimum of 1 year’s relevant work experience
- An appropriate HND award
We’re looking for people who are eager to learn and are excited by the prospect of coming into the workplace every day and tackling challenges, while learning from some of the best digital talent in Scotland.
In return you’ll benefit from excellent working conditions, extensive training, life assurance and private health care – making our package one of the best in the industry.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.