One of Europe's largest commercial vehicle leasing & contract hire providers are recruiting their next pipeline of new talent into the business. They require an Apprentice Technician in the age range of 16 - 19 years old to fulfill the challenges of growing talent into the business. Each apprentice will have a significant impact at each depot and will be expected to complete a 12 month consolidation year at the end of the 3 year apprenticeship.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carry out the basic tasks with tools and equipment common to all procedures involving basic mechanical and electrical procedures related to HV.
- The ability to keep updated with emerging new technologies within the HV industry.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop and adhere to the company and legislative processes.
- Access specific and related HV technical information appropriately.
- The ability to service, inspect and maintain HVs and trailers to meet company, Driver and vehicle standards agency (DVSA) and manufacturers’ standards.
- Use a range of diagnostic and electrical measuring equipment to identify faults and underlying causes on HV’s.
- Successfully inspect and prepare vehicles and trailers to meet DVSA standards prescribed in the tester’s manual.
- Carry out final quality checks before handover to the customer.
- Apply logical/problem solving techniques and regimes.
- Maintain records to company and operators’ licence obligations and regulation.
- To be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written mediums both internally and with customers on a range of topics that will support, HV inspection and diagnosing techniques.
- Adhere to all statutory requirement regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- Participate in cross / multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable instruction as directed by a Manager [or Director]
- Deal with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintain a high level of dress and appearance at all times adhering to PPE where the role requires this
- Attend any training sessions as requested and adhere to all company regulations.
- From time to time you may be required to carry out duties outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested by Management.
To perform the job role successfully, the role holder must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform in the role.
- You must have or expect to gain National 4 or above in English, Math's and either a Science or a Craft subject. Standard grades 1-4 and Intermediate will also be accepted.
- You must be able to demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm, and good problem-solving skills
- You’ll be working as part of a team and so previous experience of being involved with a team, whether sports or part time work would be very beneficial.
- Anybody with other qualifications in respect of light vehicle apprenticeships, body work apprentices etc. would be beneficial but not essential.
- Any other practical qualification in welding, fabrication etc. would be beneficial but not essential
- A driving licence is advantageous
- It is essential that you are literate, numerate, reliable and keen to learn