LGV Driver Apprenticeship
Employer: Palletways UK
Weekly Wage: £345 per week (increases to £400 when licence is gained). 1 hour unpaid break.
Duration: 12 - 14 months
Hours: 48 hours Monday - Friday (between 7am - 7pm but must be flexible)
Palletways are offering a very exciting opportunity for two successful candidates to become fully trained and competent LGV Category C Drivers, through undertaking a Supply Chain Specialist LGV Driver Level 2 Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered in partnership with GTG Training. Working from the Palletways location at Fradley Park in Lichfield, successful candidates will receive training, mentoring and guidance to become a qualified, safe and competent LGV Category C multi drop driver.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working with the assistance of a Driver Trainer/Mentor, starting as a van driver/driver’s mate and training to become a multi drop LGV Category C Driver, completing 15-20 deliveries/collections per day.
Duties to include:
- - Using the company app to provide ETAs and PODs for each job on time and in-line with our KPIs.
- - Tail lift deliveries.
- - Adhering to Health & Safety.
- - Securing loads.
- - Safe and fuel efficient driving.
- - Providing excellent customer service.
- - Other duties in line with company procedures.
GTG will work with the Mentors and Line Managers at Palletways to support candidates in obtaining and developing the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours to meet the Supply Chain Specialist LGV Driver Apprenticeship Standard.
GTG will also provide support towards LGV Theory tests and also provide an intensive LGV Category C Driver Training programme which will also provide the candidate with a Driver CPC Card. If required GTG will also provide functional skills training and coaching with literacy and numeracy.
There is the potential to progress to undertake training and test to achieve an LGV Category C+E licence following completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance and availability.
In order to be considered for this role you must have the following:
- - Full Clean Car Driving Licence with at least 12 months regular driving experience.
- - Ability to problem solve.
- - Excellent customer service skills.
- - Excellent time keeping.
- - Willingness to 'go the extra mile'.
- - Ability to pay attention to detail.
- - A positive 'can do' attitude.
This apprenticeship will require physical moving and handling of items, candidates will also be required to pass a medical assessment to obtain an LGV Category C provisional entitlement on their driving licence.
Palletways is Europe’s largest provider of express palletised distribution services, with a network currently comprising of over 400 local depots and 13 hubs across Europe.
The Fradley Park location is a large fast moving depot that offers a lot of opportunity to gain knowledge and experience. Successful candidates will follow a training plan leading towards passing LGV Theory Tests and LGV Category C training and test within the first 16 weeks of the programme. The driver training is delivered by GTG training from a state of the art training centre located in Wolverhampton.
- How to Apply
- If you're interested in this position, please click the 'apply now' button. Successful candidates will be contacted via telephone to discuss the next stages.