Level 2 LGV Driver Apprenticeship
At Hovis, we offer you an exciting opportunity to gain practical experience, skills and theoretical knowledge in the field of LGV driving, through our national apprenticeship. Our drivers have an important and demonstrable effect on the performance of our business, and are the last point of contact with our customers, therefore, the apprentices of today will become the stars of our future!
Employer: Hovis Ltd
Wage: £461 per week
Duration: 12 - 15 months
Hours: 48 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. Shifts start from 3am (Hovis operate at unsociable times of the day in order to deliver to our wide number of retail customers on a shift pattern basis).
Within this role, you will be covering various aspects of Driving and Distribution, and will have the opportunity to gain the Level 2 LGV Driver apprenticeship qualification, where you will learn the skills and techniques needed to be successful, which will include:
- - Obtaining a DVSA Category C Driving Licence in order to drive in a professional or private role.
- - Developing and demonstrating skills of a professional LGV Driver.
- - Gaining an understanding of the handling, performance, dimensions, mass and driving characteristics of the training vehicle.
- - Demonstrating a defensive, fuel efficient driving style with a professional attitude.
- - Demonstrating loading and unloading to the Hovis and DVSA's standards.
- - Working at all times to Hovis' internal safety standards.
Hovis will provide a structured, focused and professional work environment. You will be supported with on site mentors and reporting into the site management team on a daily basis.
During this apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge and practical skills in order to drive a Category C vehicle to DVSA standards, and perform the role of a professional LGV Driver. You will be able to drive and demonstrate the key aspects of vehicle control, road safety and load safety. Additionally you will have a core knowledge and skills competence, set by the supply chain LGV apprenticeship standards.
You should only apply if you can demonstrate the following skills, qualities and behaviours:
- - A full UK (Category B) Driving Licence for a minimum of 12 months, with no more than 3 penalty points.
- - Excellent attitude to Health and Safety.
- - Good communication skills.
- - Business relevant IT skills.
- - A proactive approach to finding solutions, both creative and practical.
- - Attention to detail.
- - Enthusiasm and interest in driving and problem solving.
- - Self driven, with an enthusiastic approach to work, and a desire to succeed.
- - Able to carry out work in accordance with employers Health and Safety guidelines.
- - Enjoys working individually and part of a team.
- - Able to take responsibility for yourself and your work, with an excellent attitude to safe working.
- - Happy to adapt to ever changing situations, as no two days are the same at Hovis!
- - Ideally you will have 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grades C or above (or equivalent standard), and typically a Level 2 or above in Science or ICT.
*You must be 18 years or over in order to obtain an LGV Provisional Licence*
About Hovis Ltd
Hovis Ltd are an innovative and award winning food manufacturing company, who employs approximately 3200 people at 8 bakeries, 4 flour mills, 1 wheat malting, 1 ingredient mixing facility and 3 regional distribution centres across the UK & Ireland. We are an established and well recognised brand, with over 125 years of baking experience. Our Logistics teams are based in state of the art Warehouses with a fleet of modern, well equipped vehicles to deliver a wide range of bread and flour based products direct to our customers across the UK.
If you're looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity and the chance to earn whilst you learn, please click the 'apply now' button. Successful candidates will be contacted via telephone to discuss the next stages.