LGV Driver Apprenticeship
Employer: Stan Robinson Ltd
Weekly Wage: £309.20 per week (this will increase once you are a competent LGV Cat C Driver)
Duration: 12 - 14 months
Hours: 40 hours Monday - Friday (start times may change but expected to be approx 7am-3pm)
Stan Robinson are looking for their next generation of LGV Drivers and have two positions available for the right candidates. If you are interested in becoming an LGV Category C Driver and have held your driving licence for at least 12 months, this could be a very exciting opportunity to start your career in logistics.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will undertake the Supply Chain Specialist LGV Driver Level 2 apprenticeship. Undertaking training to become a safe and effective LGV Category C driver. Once fully trained and competent your main duties and tasks will include:
- - Delivery & collecting goods to and from various UK based customers with
- - To meet agreed times and to co-operate with the Transport Planners in the delivery of goods
- - To represent Stan Robinson Ltd at the point of customer contact when delivering goods and in certain cases represent our direct customers such as Bostik, Freefoam and Plastribution etc.
- - You will comply with driver hours, tachograph and Working Time Directive regulations.
- - Complete daily walk round checks and documentation before journeys
- - Obtain confirmation of delivery on SDI unit following completion of delivery
- - Support the transport planning team
Successful apprentices will become a permanent member of staff with the company with the potential for future progression within the business for the right candidates.
- - Full clean Category B Driving Licence with experience of driving for at least 12 months.
- - Comfortable with early starts.
- - Happy and confident to engage with customers face to face.
- - Excellent time keeping.
- - Customer focused.
- - Reliable
- - Willing to undertake training and develop new skills.
This apprenticeship will require physical moving and handling of items, candidates will also be required to pass a medical assessment to obtain an LGV Category C provisional entitlement on their driving licence.
About Stan Robinson
Stan Robinson Stafford Ltd is a family run business providing distribution, warehouse and stock management from locations in Stafford, Devon, Durham and Glasgow. The business began in 1970 by Stan Robinson with the purchase of one second hand lorry and has grown to the company it is today, which is still owned and operated by the Robinson family.
Since winning Haulier of the Year in 1999, the business continues to develop and works hard to maintain the same values insisted by Stan himself, to provide a quality service for a fair price.
If you're interested in this position, please click the 'apply now' button. Successful candidates will be contacted via telephone to discuss the next stages.