Supply Chain Specialist LGV Driver Level 2
Number of people required
Anticipated start date
£17,550 p.a. during months 1 to 6
£19,968 p.a. during months 7 to 12
Hours of work
45 hours per week for the first 6 months moving to 48 hours for the next 6 months.
About the Employer
Marston's PLC is one of the UK's top pub businesses, as well as the leading brewer of premium cask and bottled ales. Marston's has been running pubs and brewing beer in one form or another for over 180 years - and now operates over 1,500 pubs, bars and lodges, five breweries, and nine distribution centres. But it's the passion of the 13,500 employees, high quality pubs, premium beers, and innovative spirit that fuels their future growth, and has helped them to become a FTSE 250 listed company.
Looking for a career in ‘on the road’ logistics driving? Marston’s Beer Company will take you on a great journey with our LGV Driver apprenticeship!
Marston’s Beer Company is the UK’s largest producer of cask ales with an impressive portfolio of famous brands. We are pleased to announce that we are looking to the future of our business by offering up apprenticeship opportunities to train and become a Class II driver/drayperson based at our Wolverhampton Depot.
Working in Partnership with GTG Training, the apprenticeship is a 12-month commitment to train the successful candidate up to LGV Class II driver status and learn all aspects of dray work delivering to our extensive account base.
The ideal candidate must hold a current clean driver’s licence.
The role will involve:
- Delivery of all products to Marston’s network of pubs located throughout the West Midlands region.
- Deliveries are normally Monday–Friday (including bank holidays) with varying start times. During busy periods, weekend working will be required.
- The successful candidate will receive full training to obtain an LGV Category C driving licence and will drive one of the dray vehicles to deliver to Marston’s account base. Extensive training will be provided in all aspects to ensure deliveries are made in a safe and courteous manner.
- Training will include an element of classroom-based training with the majority of time based out on the road servicing the account base.
- The role requires a large amount of manual work and therefore candidates must be physically fit and will undergo a medical in order to progress to the LGV training.
- Candidates should possess sound literacy and numeracy skills and offer exemplary levels of customer care and service.
- Candidates will need to display a level of maturity and a positive willingness to learn and develop. The company will offer a competitive salary and extensive training.