Logistics Coordinator Apprenticeship
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
£5.55 per hour
About the role
The Logistics Coordinator apprenticeship is an exciting opportunity for anyone who enjoys working with people and organising tasks. This varied role underpins the transport services for internal and external customers of a dynamic global recycling company.
In partnership with GTG Training, you will train towards the successful completion of the Transport Coordinator apprenticeship, after which further career development opportunities would be available, from transport planning or coordination roles to transport management.
Full training is given for each role and could lead to a Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport.
- Representing the company professionally and being courteous with stakeholders at all times.
- Supporting the transport manager and other transport staff in carrying out their duties.
- Talking to customers and recording transport requests.
- Learning how to route deliveries and collections to meet customers’ needs.
- Promoting and helping ensure compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation.
- Helping to ensure vehicles are scheduled for service/safety inspections when required.
- Collating various reports for the transport manager to review.
- Supporting a positive health and safety ethic within the team.
- Reviewing and file transport related records.
- Helping ensure drivers complete paperwork correctly.
- Capturing feedback from stakeholders and reporting this for review.
- Using planning/routing/tracking software in line with instruction and training.
- Managing drivers’ training records and training plans.
- Tracking equipment and managing transport digital data.
- GCSE English and Mathematics, Grade A – C (or equivalent) or willing to work towards it.
- An IT qualification and/or experience of using spreadsheets and databases (or willing to work towards it).
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively work with team members and to assist customers and suppliers with any potential queries they may have.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Accuracy and the attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving and often demanding logistics environment.
About the company
EMR is a global leader in metal recycling, employing 4,500 staff across 170 locations around the world. The recycling process begins with the collection of scrap metal from businesses, manufacturers, construction sites, government bodies and the general public. The company’s learning and development function offers a range of services, taking responsibility for the development, training and progression of our UK employees. Their aim is to ensure that staff can maximise their ability and prepare them for the next step in their career.
If you're interested in this position, please click the 'apply now' button. Successful candidates will be contacted via telephone to discuss the next stages. You must be aged 18+ to apply, due to the nature of the business.
Assessment day will be held on Wednesday 22nd August 2018.
*Please note the role could be filled before the closing date, so the earlier you apply, the better!*