We’re looking for Scotland-based apprentices to join the business and work towards a recognised qualification in Vehicle Refinishing.
Full time, 39 hours per week
About the role
As an Apprentice Vehicle Refinisher, you must be able to work well with mentors and supervisors while carrying out your responsibilities in the bodyshop, from keeping things clean and tidy to learning how to refinish, polish and carry out minor repairs on a huge range of vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and have good dexterity for manual tasks. You will train to an SVQ Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Refinishing.
- Preparing vehicles to the manufacturer’s specifications as stated on job cards.
- Carrying out general housekeeping in the workshop.
- Liaising with mentors and supervisors to carry out any tasks.
- Working safely whilst completing workshop tasks.
- Completing polishing operations after refinishing.
- Completing refinishing operations and learning to apply topcoats.
- Carrying out work and following instructions in a professional manner.
- You must have gained or be working towards a National 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science or technical subject (or accredited equivalent).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and tight timescales.
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Good timekeeping.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Keen to learn and able to follow instruction.
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to work as a team and on your own initiative.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.