Year One: Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2
Year Two: Supply Chain LGV Driver Level 2
Company: Marston's PLC
Number of positions: 1
Job Location: Burton-on-Trent
40 hours per week for first 12 months for the first year. 45 hours for the first six months of year two. 48 hours in the second six months of year two.
- Year 1: £15,600 p.a. throughout year one training in use of all MHE and warehouse job roles. Based on 40 hours at £7.50 per hour.
- Year 2 (1-6 months): £17,550 p.a. throughout months 1-6 of year two during LGV driver training. Based on 45 hours at £7.50 per hour.
- Year 2 (7-12 months): £19.968 p.a. throughout months 7-12. This is based on 48 hours at £8.00 per hour, based on three-person work and driving with an experience driver.
Anticipated Start Date: July 2018
Marston’s PLC is Britain’s leading brewer of premium cask and bottled ales. The company has been brewing beer for 180 years, and now operates over 1500 pubs, five breweries, nine distribution centres and employs 13,500 staff.
Now Marston’s is offering an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic young person to complete their Warehouse to Wheels’ 2-year apprenticeship at their Burton-on-Trent premises.
In partnership with GTG Training, you will be trained in all aspects of warehouse work, and in Year 2 you will progress to becoming a Category C LGV driver.
About The Role
Looking for a career in logistics? This Warehouse to Wheels two-year apprenticeship programme could be the start of something wonderful. You’ll begin as a Supply Chain Warehouse Operator, and progress to being a qualified LGV Driver, working for Marston’s Beer Company.
Year One of the apprenticeship will combine training in warehouse skills, forklift and ride-on pallet trucks to gain in-house licence status. You’ll gain a grounding in all aspects of warehouse work. This part of the course will take a minimum of 12 months.
Year Two will see you progress to become fully trained as an LGV Category C driver. You’ll also undertake activities associated with delivering Marston’s products to their extensive client base. This part of the course will also take a minimum of 12 months to complete. You’ll also need to be aged at least 18 and hold a clean and valid UK driving licence (category B).
- Using a forklift truck to move stock as necessary to appropriate locations.
- Training in the use of a pedestrianised picking truck to pick cases.
- Ensuring orders are picked correctly according to the order sheet and ready for vehicle loading in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the loading of company delivery vehicles as necessary, ensuring loading tasks are completed in a safe manner.
- Undertaking full and extensive manual handling and health and safety training.
- Upholding high standards of site cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- Ensuring consistent and first-class standards of service are provided at all times when communicating with customers.
- Training towards achieving LGV Category C licence status.
- Training in all aspects of beer delivery to an extensive range of customers.
- Driving an LGV Category C vehicle to customers and offering excellent customer service.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a mature and positive attitude to learning.
- Be able to demonstrate strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be physically fit, as these roles involve physical activity. A medical assessment is required in application for the provisional LGV licence.
- Be able to attend work during unsocial hours as dray work requires pre-6am start times.
Marston’s, in partnership with GTG Training, will offer full and extensive training. You will be offered a competitive salary.
This apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to develop a satisfying career with a fast-growing company.
If you're looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity and the chance to earn whilst you learn, please click the 'apply now' button. Successful candidates will be contacted via telephone to discuss the next stages.